Where can you get the best lab grown diamonds?
The clear benefits that come with choosing lab grown diamonds
There is more than one difference between mined diamonds and lab-grown diamonds.
It’s these differences you need to weigh up before you buy a diamond and choose a truly gorgeous diamond engagement ring.
The differences in a mined and lab grown diamonds
Many people make the mistake of thinking that a diamond that is lab grown will not stand up against one that has been mined.
There are a few facts that can make all the difference in choosing which type of diamond works best for you.
- A lab grown diamond duplicates the natural process almost exactly. This means that it is impossible to tell the difference with the naked eye.
- Both lab grown and mined diamonds are certified and graded to the same standards
- Both diamonds are made of carbon
- Lab grown diamonds are up to 30% cheaper than mined diamonds.
It’s important to remember that no one can tell the difference between the two types of diamonds without specialised equipment.
The only way to tell is to see the actual grading reports. You can choose which diamond you like knowing that the same standard grading of the 4C’s (being Cut, Carat, Colour & Clarity) is being used.
There is no such thing as a perfect diamond.
All will have their own faults, flaws and inclusions. The thing to remember is that you can often get a better standard of diamond for the same cost as you would for a lower graded mined diamond.
That can be a huge calling card for choosing a lab grown version.
The myths about a lab grown diamond
Just because a diamond is lab grown, doesn’t mean that it is any less valuable.
You can still insure a lab grown diamond ring if you need or want to. It is the same as insuring any other piece of jewellery. The insurer will need to know that the diamond is lab grown only for issues such as replacing the diamond with something as close to identical as possible.
Is a lab grown diamond prone to breaking? Is it more like a Cubic Zirconia?
No is the answer to both questions.
A lab grown diamond (like all other diamonds) is made of carbon. A Cubic Zirconia has no carbon at all which means it is much weaker than a diamond and it captures light differently and shines less than a diamond will.
The lab grown diamond advantages
Before you make the important choice of choosing a diamond and outlaying the considerable expense, it is a good idea to weigh up the pros and cons of your choices.
The advantages of a lab grown diamond over a mined diamond are;
- Price – you can expect to pay anything from 10% to 30% less on a man-made diamond than a mined diamond.
- Source – there are often serious ethical issues related to the source and origin of a mined diamond including child labour, violence and human rights breaches. There are none of these when you choose a lab grown or so-called ‘man-made’ diamond.
- Environment – it takes less energy and resources to create a lab-made diamond than to extract a diamond through the mining process.
There is no clear right and wrong about choosing one diamond over another. It really does come back to your very own personal preference.
Finding the Best Place for the Best Diamond Rings
The full range of both mined and lab grown diamonds and designs will cater to almost anyone’s taste and style.
You have the opportunity to choose any size diamond in the quality and colour you would like, and partnered in white, yellow, rose gold and platinum. All our lab grown diamonds come with an IGI Certificate and photo with Franco Jewellers Valuation.
The ultimate in diamond and engagement rings in Melbourne is right here and waiting for you at Franco Jewellers.
See the expert team who can guide you through to finding the perfect diamond for you.
There is nothing like the special ‘face to face consultation. From the design and set to work within your budget, you are in the best of hands.
For more on the best diamond engagement rings Melbourne has on offer, contact the Franco team today.