Engagement Ring Myths And Superstitions
The Engagement Ring Myths And Your Own Love Story
Here’s how to stop listening to all those engagement ring myths and find yourself the best of the best in custom-made engagement rings.
There are so many superstitions and stories about what you should and shouldn’t do when it comes to choosing and showing your engagement ring.
It’s about time to set the record straight and help you enjoy the magic of your engagement and the love story you are living every day.
The Classic Engagement Ring Myths
It might be strange to think that there are more than a few myths around engagement rings, but they continue to follow couples down through the years.
Instead of getting to enjoy the magic moments of the proposal and the delight of finding the right engagement ring, too many couples are caught up in the myths and superstitions of what you can and can’t do before and during their engagement.
Here’s a few of the classic engagement ring myths and what they mean. These are the ones that have been passed on through the generations, such as;
- It is bad luck to see your engagement ring before the offer of marriage.
- It’s even worse if you try on your engagement ring before the proposal
- Never try on someone else’s engagement ring
- Never take off your engagement ring. Instead of taking it off completely, you must touch another finger to your engagement/wedding finger and slide the ring onto that finger. If you break contact with the ring, you apparently put a crack in your loving relationship.
- If you want your marriage to be a long and happy one, the bride should only ever try on jewellery from women who have long and healthy marriages otherwise any negativity will travel to her once when she puts on the jewellery.
- Never propose on a Friday or buy an engagement ring on that day
Let’s work our way back through those myths and see any reasons why you should follow any of them.
Engagement Rings And Handy Tips
It’s hard to say where the idea of buying an engagement ring on a Friday could bring any ill fortune. It could be that you might be tired, stressed and not thinking as clearly as possible after a long working week, so it’s better to wait until you’re relaxed.
Finding the right engagement ring should never be a chore or headache. The best thing you can do is get professional advice and have an experienced team take you through the process step by step.
You want to get an engagement ring that works for you and you alone.
Trying on other women’s jewellery is all fine but if you’re superstitious then just hold up the rings that you want to examine rather than put them on your finger. Or, you could put the ‘try on’ rings on your other hand.
If you know women with long and healthy marriages, ask them how those relationships last and why rather than look at their jewellery. There could be great tips you could learn.
The idea of never taking off an engagement ring is probably more to do with losing the ring or dropping it and damaging the setting.
That makes some sense but the whole point should be just to take care of your engagement ring and the best way to do that is to get jewellery insurance.
The Luck That Surrounds Engagement Rings
The first and most important thing to remember about an engagement ring is that someone loves you and wants to marry you.
- The style of the engagement ring does matter
- The size of the diamond is personal taste (and sticking to a budget matters too)
- Having a custom-made engagement ring will satisfy you the most
- Talking to an experienced and professional jeweller will make things easier
The last thing you need when it comes to choosing an engagement ring is to be stressed.
You don’t want to have an engagement ring that you don’t want to wear or you are embarrassed to even show anyone.
There are many stories of the partner going out and getting a ring that is not what the wearer would want to put on their finger.
It’s understandable that the whole excitement and joy of the proposal can be lost if there is talk of the engagement ring beforehand. The point should be that someone is asking the love of their life to spend that life together.
The ring takes second stage to that. It’s more important that you are lucky enough to have someone love you dearly.
The Ultimate In Engagement Rings Are Waiting At Franco Jewellers
Finding the perfect engagement ring can be difficult, but not if you know where to go.
There’s one place that can give you the guidance and the most exquisite range of engagement rings you will find – that’s Franco Jewellers.
See the true experts in engagement and wedding rings, which include the ultimate in custom-made engagement rings.
They will take you through all you need to know about how to live the dream of the ideal ring on your finger.
Outstanding jewellery and a special one-on-one service is ready and waiting for you
Talk to Franco Jewellers today – because you’re worth it.